Thursday, November 27, 2008

WORST DAY IN AUS EVER!

27 NOV 2008, THIS DAY IS CURSED!!!

STARTED OFF THE DAY IN A GLOOMY MODE, SUDDENLY THERES SO MUCH CARS DRIVING ALONG SIR FRED SCHONELL AND I COULDNT CROSS THE ROAD, SO GOTTA TAKE A LONGER ROUTE TO THE LAB. THEN, THERES A LACK OF REAGENT... AT LEAST MY COUPLING EFFICIENCY WAS ALRIGHT AND I PROCEEDED ON WITH THE NEXT AMINO ACID...

THAT WAS DISASTROUS!!!
HAPPILY WASHING MY RESIN WITH DFM -> DCM -> TFA -> DMF... IT WAS ALL DONE AND I WANTED TO SHAKE THE RESIN ABIT, SO I TOOK IT OUT AND OF COURSE I GOTTA CLAMP IT BACK. HEARD A FAINT CRACKING SOUND AND TADANG, THE BLARDY BURETTE CRACKED AND BROKE AND MY RESIN WITH 8 BLARDY AMINO ACIDS FLOW OUT... UNSTOPPABLE! THAT 8 AMINO ACIDS TOOK LIKE A 4DAYS TO COUPLE!? ENTIRE WEEK'S WORK IS GONEEE... T_T

SO FINE... TOLD MY SUP ABOUT IT, LUCKILY HES COOL ABOUT IT. PHEW~
THEN I STARTED SWELLING MY RESIN... AGAIN, 2HRS LATER, I REALISED I FORGOT TO ADD A KEY COMPONENT AND THE SWELLING GOTTA TAKE ANOTHER 2 HRS!!!

SO... WHEN I THOUGHT NOTHING WORSE CAN HAPPEN ANYMORE... CRAPPY SHIAT HAPPENED, AGAINED! WAS DRAWING MY PEPTIDE STRUCTURE, AND ALL I DID WAS TO ACCIDENTALLY PRESSED THE F1 BUTTON, AND CLICKED ON THE X OF THAT WINDOW... THE ENTIRE PROGRAM GOT SHUT OFF. OMG?! I WAS NEAR COMPLETION TOO.........

TODAY IS A BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD DAY.

MY SUP TOO BROKE A BURETTE WHILE GENTLY TAPPING IT ON THE TABLE, SOMEONE BROKE ANOTHER ROUND BOTTOM FLASK...

WTH?!
CURSED DAY TO DO CHEMISTRY...

PS
Just when i thought the day couldnt POSSBILY go any worse... i had to drop the bottle containing the reagent that my supervisor had JUST JUST JUST prepared. And he was right in front of me when the thing dropped, and i couldnt save it cos im carrying the electronic balance... and the reagent had to be some toxic chemical that needs to be removed by another toxic solvent... T_T

ps ps
Swayness no more?! NO!!! Accompanied my friend to wait for her bus as she has waited for me till about 9-ish and i was saying, it will definitely rain when after i leave... and true indeed, the moment i stepped out of the bus stop, it friggin rain.

ps ps ps
the court letter that should have arrived on tues is still not here yet. i sincerely hope that its not because of me... =(

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home